Today we're back with part 2 of awesome things to do in Tokyo! I'm sure you haven't tried everything from part 1 yet but since Tokyo is the largest city in the world you will never be bored! What I like most about Tokyo is the contrast between the modern places like Shibuya, Shinjuku, Akihabara and traditional places like Asakusa and Shibamata. You can go shopping in the busy shopping street of Harajuku, visit the Meiji temple and go to Yoyogi park in just 15 minutes! Get ready to discover Tokyo.
51. Visit the Pokemon Cafe in Nihonbashi and catch 'em all!
52. Visit the fishmarket Tsukiji for fresh sushi.
53. Go crazy in Sunshine City in Ikebukuro. The huge complex has shops, an aquarium, a planetarium and restaurants even on the 60th floor!
54. Go vintage shopping in Koenji and find yourself the most unique clothing and accessories!
55. Nakamise street Asakusa has tons of food stalls and tourist shops and is one of the best places to find souvenirs.
56. Visit the gorgeous Hibiya park to relax.
57. Visit one of the famous arcades (or as in Japanese "game centers'". Catch the cutest plushies or play the craziest games!
58. Try ALL the interesting Japanese soda drinks from the vending machines!
59. Catch your own dinner at fishing restaurant Zauo!
60. Try some delicious Takoyaki octopus balls, a famous Japanese snack originally from Osaka.
61. Spend hours in the department store Tokyu Hands!
62. Visit the Studio Ghibli museum to learn all about your favorite animes by Hayao Miyazaki. (Don't forget to book your tickets in advance!)
63. Wanna try an authentic home style Japanese dish? Ootoya is the place to go!
64. Go bar hopping at Shinjuku Golden Gai and discover Tokyo's cozy nightlife!
65. Visit prison-themed izakaya bar the Lockup for a scary experience.
66. Visit the TeamLab Digital Art Museum for a breathtaking experience.
67. Tired of the city? Go a little outside of the city center for a hike on Mount Takao!
68. If you have some extra money to spend, watch a sumo wrestling match!
69. Attend a traditional Japanese tea ceremony and drink matcha green tea and eatWagashi Japanese sweets.
70. Go on a cruise in Odaiba and enjoy the view while sipping on sake.
71. Rainy day? Visit the indoors amusement park Joypolis in Odaiba.
72. Try ALL onigiri flavors at the convenience store!
73. Are you on a budget? You can still enjoy Japanese food at fast food chains Matsuya, Yoshinoya and Sukiya to try gyudon, a Japanese beef bowl. Read more about gyudon here!
74. Go shopping at Odakyu department store in Shinjuku station and buy some souvenirs for your friends and family back home!
75. Visit the Tokyo imperial palace and take a walk in the beautiful garden.
76. Are you a sweet tooth? Try a creme brulee crepe in Harajuku!
77. Visit a maid (or butler) cafe in Akihabara!
78. Get crazy items from capsule vending machines!
79. Visit one Tokyo's most beautiful Japanese landscape gardens: Rikugien!
80. Go to Yoyogi park at the weekend to enjoy a festival with food stalls and live music!
81. Relax at an onsen or Japanese hot spring.
82. Visit a Kabuki theater and enjoy a traditional Japanese play.
83. Take a stroll through Odaiba at night and admire the rainbow bridge.
84. Not far from Tokyo is Yokohama, the night view is fantastic!
85. Yikes! Not scared of bugs? Take a look at many creatures at the Meguro Parasitological Museum!
86. Visit Namja Town in Ikebukuro Sunshine City department store and try the weirdest ice cream flavors ever like Wasabi or Crab!
87. Did you grow up with Sanrio characters like Hello Kitty? Relive your childhood at Sanrio Puroland!
88. At Ueno Ame no Yokocho or rain street you can find street food and interesting shops selling clothes and souvenirs.
89. Visit Tokyo's hipster neighborhood Shimokitazawa for the trendiest cafes and vintage stores.
90. Near Kamakura there's the beautiful island Enoshima. Visit temples, tourist shops, the beach and the observation tower.
91. Visit one of the VR centers in Tokyo to experience a virtual reality world!
92. Visit the Mori Art Museum in Roppongi to check out exhibitions in a variety of genres such as photography, fashion, design, video and architecture!
93. Visit Yokohama's China town!
94. The Alice In Wonderland Cafe takes you to a different world where you can enjoy the beautiful interior and delicious Alice In Wonderland inspired food!
95. The Kawaii Monster Cafe in Harajuku is famous for its creepy-cute interior, their crazy monster-like food and their fun outgoing staff dressed up in harajuku fashion.
96. Taiyaki is a tradional Japanese snack and definitely worth trying!
97. Pet some of the cutest dogs at the Mame Shiba Inu Cafe in Harajuku!
98. Go on a date at the Sunshine Aquarium in Ikebukuro!
99. Try traditional Japanese sweets Mochi!
100. Visit the Rilakkuma Cafe and try the cutest food while being surrounded by adorable bears.
I hope you enjoyed part 2 of 100 awesome things to do in Tokyo, if you have missed it don't forget to check out part 1 of 100 awesome things to do in Tokyo! What is your favorite things to do in Tokyo? Let us know in the comments below!
Want a free Japan box? Make sure to check out how to get one here!
If you also want to try Japanese candy and snacks don't forget to check out our website below and get your Japanese candy subscription box now!