When we think about unusual flavours, we think of perhaps lemon snacks for the summer or maybe crazy realistic plastic food… So just how crazy could these ramune flavours get? Oh boy are you in for a shock… Most Japanese candy and Japanese snack lovers like ramune, but how about these insane flavours? Lets check them out~
1. Curry Ramune – Yup that's right, curry! We wonder if it tastes anything like chai tea, then perhaps it might be drinkable!
2. Takoyaki Ramune – Takoyaki are octopus meat in batter with mayo and other sauces and toppings… We can't even imagine how this tastes… 10/10 for creativity though!
3. Onion Ramune – Oh no… This can't be good. All we can imagine is carbonated onion pickle juice! Yikes!!!
4. Eggplant Water Ramune – This one might be drinkable because it's eggplant water as opposed to just straight up eggplant. Vegetable soda anyone?
5. Kimchi Ramune – KIMCHI!!! Spicy and sour ramune soda??? Though to be fair sometimes the juice from kimchi is a little bit carbonated so we wonder if it's a little like that? Can't say we'd want to try it though…
6. Corn Soup Ramune – Corn soup is weirdly popular in Japan for some reason, you can even get it hot out of vending machines here! Though can't say we've ever imagined making a soda out of it. More than likely this ramune just tastes like candy corn!
7. Cream Stew Ramune – This can't be good… Okay creamy sodas we can deal with, for example calpis. But this is cream STEW! Does that mean it has a meaty flavour to it too? Yikes…
9. Chili Oil Ramune – Is this even edible?!?!?! Chili oil is great on most savoury food yes… but as a sweet soda? Whoever came up with this is a madman!!!!
10. Wasabi Ramune – Ah… Could this be worse than the wasabi Kit Kats? Quite possibly… But to be fair the wasabi Kit Kats weren't that bad! Just a little unusual.
How about it, should we put these in your TokyoTreat Japanese candy box? Any volunteers to try these out for us? No??? Seriously though, what did you think of these crazy ramune flavours? Which is the best and which is the worst? Let us know in the comments!
Want to get a FREE Japanese candy box? Check out how to get one here!
Christmas in Japan is similar to celebrations worldwide, yet it maintains a unique atmosphere of joy and romance. It’s a day to gather with friends, family, and loved ones!
December events always lighten up the winter season in Japan with awesome activities! They can range from concerts to even fireworks! Here are a few December events in Japan you should check out!
Ever heard of the Kohaku Uta Gassen singing contest? It’s like the ultimate showdown of Japan’s most remarkable singers, and it happens every New Year’s Eve.
Do you need to expand your holiday shopping list? Look no further than TokyoTreat’s 2023 holiday gift guide!
Buckle up and prepare for a spirited adventure through time as we unwrap the delightful history of Christmas in Japan!
In this article, we’ll explore the best five ninja schools in Japan, where you can learn about their intriguing history and admiring techniques.