When we think about unusual flavours, we think of perhaps lemon snacks for the summer or maybe crazy realistic plastic food… So just how crazy could these ramune flavours get? Oh boy are you in for a shock… Most Japanese candy and Japanese snack lovers like ramune, but how about these insane flavours? Lets check them out~
1. Curry Ramune – Yup that's right, curry! We wonder if it tastes anything like chai tea, then perhaps it might be drinkable!
2. Takoyaki Ramune – Takoyaki are octopus meat in batter with mayo and other sauces and toppings… We can't even imagine how this tastes… 10/10 for creativity though!
3. Onion Ramune – Oh no… This can't be good. All we can imagine is carbonated onion pickle juice! Yikes!!!
4. Eggplant Water Ramune – This one might be drinkable because it's eggplant water as opposed to just straight up eggplant. Vegetable soda anyone?
5. Kimchi Ramune – KIMCHI!!! Spicy and sour ramune soda??? Though to be fair sometimes the juice from kimchi is a little bit carbonated so we wonder if it's a little like that? Can't say we'd want to try it though…
6. Corn Soup Ramune – Corn soup is weirdly popular in Japan for some reason, you can even get it hot out of vending machines here! Though can't say we've ever imagined making a soda out of it. More than likely this ramune just tastes like candy corn!
7. Cream Stew Ramune – This can't be good… Okay creamy sodas we can deal with, for example calpis. But this is cream STEW! Does that mean it has a meaty flavour to it too? Yikes…
9. Chili Oil Ramune – Is this even edible?!?!?! Chili oil is great on most savoury food yes… but as a sweet soda? Whoever came up with this is a madman!!!!
10. Wasabi Ramune – Ah… Could this be worse than the wasabi Kit Kats? Quite possibly… But to be fair the wasabi Kit Kats weren't that bad! Just a little unusual.
How about it, should we put these in your TokyoTreat Japanese candy box? Any volunteers to try these out for us? No??? Seriously though, what did you think of these crazy ramune flavours? Which is the best and which is the worst? Let us know in the comments!
Want to get a FREE Japanese candy box? Check out how to get one here!
Japanese school lunches have recently gained popularity around the world for their varied offerings, but there’s more to them than just delicious portions!
You might be learning the Japanese language, started dating someone who is Japanese, or simply want to express love in a new way to your significant other.
TokyoTreat is here to give you the best Sakura 2022 season ever! We have the best places to see the flowers, eat, and have fun!
We all know noodles are a staple of Japanese cuisine. There are a variety of noodles that each have their own unique flavor, taste, and style.
There’s really just one place you need to know to be able to survive in Japan, and it’s the konbini, or Japanese convenience stores!
Take a closer look at next level convenience with Japanese konbinis at train stations and station platforms!