It’s no secret what our favorite part about making a Japanese snack box is our amazing community (the Japanese snacks are a close second though)! We were lucky enough to meet one of our members! Let’s learn more about them!
Name: Janelle R
From: Arizona, USA
What’s your favorite…
Japanese Snack: Calbee Potato Chips
Video Game: Any Pokémon game
Anime: Monthly Girls Nozaki-Kun
Getting to Know Janelle
- How did you first discover Japanese snacks?
Someone online posted about soy sauce Kit-Kats and I needed to try them myself (I never found them, though)
- How did you first hear about TokyoTreat?
TokyoTreat came up when I was searching for the soy sauce Kit-Kats
- What made you decide to join our community?
I decided on TokyoTreat because it looked like the best variety of snacks compared to other snack boxes
- Do you enjoy your box throughout the month, or do you prefer to devour everything as quickly as possible?
I try to make my box last throughout the month but it’s always gone before I know it!
- What was your favorite TokyoTreat box so far?
My favorite box so far was the Sakura box in April 2020. Some of my all-time favorite snacks were in that box.
- What is your favorite snack from a TokyoTreat box?
I can’t pick just one favorite snack, but my top 3 were the Sakura pretzel pocky, the tempura ginger potato chips, and the plum Fanta.
- What is your favorite thing about TokyoTreat?
My favorite thing about TokyoTreat is getting to try new snacks in flavors we don’t have here in my country.
- What is a future theme you’d like to see us create in the future?
For a future theme, I’d like to see a sweet and spicy box.
- What Japanese snacks would you like to see more of in the future?
I’d like to see more potato chips and maybe some snack cakes in future boxes
- What is your favorite Japanese food outside of snacks and candy?
My favorite Japanese food is ramen. I’ve never had a ramen I haven’t liked!
- Have you ever been to Japan?
I’ve never been to Japan but I desperately want to go and see the Sakura trees in bloom!
Thank you Janelle for taking the time to chat with us!
You too could be a part of the wonderful TokyoTreat fam! Join us, snack out on plenty of delicious snacks and get involved with the community! Come and hang out any time!